Sunday, January 18, 2009

Vagina Rock Monologue


My home shrine includes some found objects, the vagina rock is one of my best finds. While on a hike along the lost coast, which is part of the Mendocino coast outside of Shelter Cove, I discovered this special rock. There is a long stretch of beach perfect for camping and building shelters. It is about an 8 mile hike along the coast called Big Flat. I spent the better part of a week on the flat. While I was there I built a large tepee like structure to sleep in. Made from the driftwood that cover the shore it was surprisingly warm. 
During the day I would walk along the shore looking to see if anything special washed up with the tide. There is one area of rocks with smooth stones rounded by the tide. One stone caught my eye, it has a oval shaped mineral deposit that resembles a vagina. Amused by my discovery I saw fit to carry it back home in my overburdened backpack. 
I try to make at least one trip a year to get away and have sometime just to be in the nature of things.  Hopefully I will be able to get back to the lost coast this year.


No comments: