Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 22 - Dedicate and Asana

I had this idea a while back, part performance art part yoga.
While walking down the street, or at the mall, outside the coffee shop or anywhere there are people.
Approach someone, say "I dedicate this pose to you" and perform.

To the lady sitting outside the donut shop, I give you Salamba Sarvangasana II, tripod variation. She is quitely eating away, while I am upside down for five minutes. This is for you, you own it and then I move on.

To the skateboarder talking with his buddies, I give you Urdhva Dhanurasana, upward bow. They continue talking and momently pause from their conversation to watch my backbend. This is for you, you own it and then I move on.

So I really did this and the effects were overall very positive.

No comments: