Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 14 - Tea with the Goddess

Take a little break and enjoy a cup of tea with the Goddess.

My new favorite tea, Green butterfly. Young green tea leaves with rose petals. From a store in the City, Paxton Gate. Rose Petals, would please any goddess.
I took some time to enjoy the tea and watch my narcissus grow. It really has gotten taller. It is about to bloom.

I found the Invocation to Saraswati on Itunes. Listened to that while trying to repeat. It is going to take a while but hopefully I will get it memorized and hopefully pronounced correctly.


Yaa Kundendu tushaara haaradhavalaa, Yaa shubhravastraavritha|
Yaa veenavara dandamanditakara, Yaa shwetha padmaasana||
Yaa brahmaachyutha shankara prabhritibhir Devaisadaa Vanditha|
Saa Maam Paatu Saraswatee Bhagavatee Nihshesha jaadyaapahaa||


Translation in English: “May Goddess Saraswati, who is fair like the jasmine-colored moon, and whose pure white garland is like frosty dew drops; who is adorned in radiant white attire, on whose beautiful arm rests the veena, and whose throne is a white lotus; who is surrounded and respected by the Gods, protect me. May you fully remove my lethargy, sluggishness, and ignorance.”

No comments: