Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 30 - Saraswati Puja

I can not believe it's over. A full month of the goddess. What a good way to end this adventure with a celebration to the goddess Saraswati. My Narcissus bulbs are in full bloom and very fragrante.


On the day of Vasant Panchami or Saraswati Puja not only students pray to the Goddess but everyone invoke the blessings of the goddess Saraswati for success in learning, arts and crafts. Throughout India Saraswati Puja is celebrated in schools, colleges as well as at homes. In all educational institutions of music, arts and science, Saraswati Puja is observed with great reverence. The rituals of the Saraswati Puja are quite different from others. So, for the guidance of devotees we provide some basic rituals usually performed during Saraswati Puja.

I should definitely make this part of my super-sized project.



I brought my goddess box and Imix for the Puja. Shibana help with the history and getting it organized.

No comments: