Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 6 - Portable Goddess Shrine


I had an idea for a portable shrine to the Goddess Saraswati so that when I am in the city and away from home I can bring along a smaller version for travel.


It still needs some more work, but it has the basics to start with. I have the image of Saraswati in a triptych frame. The box holds candles and incense. Their is another smaller area inside for tingshaws. Since Saraswati is the goddess of music that might be a nice touch. I will try and find some prayer beads to also include in my travel kit. One part of the triptych shows the goddess holding a string of prayer beads, these are a symbol which represents the power of spirituality. Another image show the goddess holding a book, a symbol of universal knowledge. A small book of inspirational quotes would also be good to include in my shrine. 

I would like to have some images of the goddess on the outside and I was thinking of having one of the mantras to the goddess written on the inside. Time to light a candle, say my prayers and off to bed. 

No comments: